One adult portion of fruit or vegetables is as follows:
- 80g of fresh fruit or vegetables
- 80g of tinned fruit or vegetables (preferably in natural juice or water)
- 80g of frozen fruit or vegetables
- 80g of beans and or pulses (e.g. baked beans, haricot beans, kidney beans, cannellini beans, butter beans, chickpeas, lentils, peas) Remember if you eat more than 80g of beans and pulses this still only counts as 1 of your 10 a day as they don’t contain the same level of vitamins and minerals as other food groups.
- 30g of dried fruit
- 150ml 100% unsweetened fruit juice, vegetable juice or a smoothie (if you drink more than 150ml, or drink a juice and a smoothie this still counts a just 1 of your 10 a day.
Potatoes don’t count towards your 10 a day but sweet potatoes DO. Swapping ordinary potato wedges for sweet potato wedges is a great way to easily add an extra portion of veg to your diet.